Porcine a la Fuego

Last week we had an interesting few days in the kitchen. Jennifer managed to produce fairly large flames, albeit unintentionally, that danced and flickered across the tops of our pork chops in the oven. It’s not like they were in there to long or anything. We think there was something in the breading that must have caught fire by being too close to the broiler. Nothing that sprinkling a little baking soda over it all couldn’t stop as the flames licked the outside of the oven. 🙂 We still ate the chops, though, as scraping the breading off revealed the moistest pork chops I’ve ever had.On Saturday, as I was unloading the groceries, I nailed my head pretty good on an open cupboard door. I had a bump for a day or two and now have a fairly large gash visible on my forehead.On Sunday, Jennifer sliced her finger while cutting open an English muffin for breakfast.Some days it just pays to stay out of the kitchen.


Last night while wiping down the kitchen, Jennifer moved the microwave from one counter to another. Next thing she knew, it was upside down, door cracked, and one of the legs bent in. Not wanted to risk having microwaves spewed in every direction, we decided it was safer to just get another one. I hopped onto Craigslist and found someone selling a used Emerson, less than two years old, for $40 in Mountain View. A few e-mails and phone calls later, we’re back in business. Now we just need to figure out how to dispose of the old one properly.

Another 9’er

After a 2 week hiatus, Eric and I did another 9 mile run last night. Yay!Oddly enough, when when we start from my apartment one of my feet inevitably falls asleep. My right foot fell asleep this time at about mile 3.5. After walking for about 1 minute to regain circulation, it was fine for the rest of the run. It’s never happened when when we start from his apartment. Weird.